Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012.

I have only one new years resolution for 2012 and that is to keep things simple. This past year has been weird, hectic, and much too complicated. It had it's great moments, of course - prom, graduation, probably one of the best summers of my life, my first semester at Carnegie Mellon, and making new friendships that will last a lifetime - but it's left me with some regrets as well, some mistakes that I hope to never make again, disappointments that I should've seen coming, and guilt that I have only myself to blame for. I mean, you definitely learn from the trials of life, and ups and downs are inevitable, but I've found that when I stay true to myself and the values and morals that my family has taught me, life tends to be easier, simpler, and better. So this year, I don't have to strive for perfection or set a million goals for myself to achieve; I just want to keep life simple and keep the mirror clean - so when I look at my own reflection, it's the girl I've always been.

No comments:

Post a Comment